Carrot and Coriander Bread Recipe
175g strong wholemeal flour
400g strong white flour
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
400ml warm water
10g yeast (dried or fresh but the kind you add to warm water)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Grate your carrot into a food processor.
2. Change your blade to a dough blade and add your flour, salt and coriander seeds to the grated carrots.
3. Whisk your yeast and honey into your warm water. Leave into it begins to bubble.
4. Now switch on your processor and slowly add the olive oil.
5. Follow by slowly adding your yeast mixture until a ball forms. You may need to add more flour at this point until your dough starts to come together in a ball.
6. Run the processor for five minutes or so.
7. To lift the dough out, wet your hands. This will stop it sticking.
8. Leave to rise in a covered mixing bowl for at least an hour.
9. Form into two loaves. Leave for another hour or until doubled in size.
10. Bake for 20 minutes at 220°C , then another 20 minutes at 180°C. Check it is done by tapping it on the base. If it sounds hollow then it is done.
11. Leave to cool at least 15 minutes until slicing (if you like a softer crust then wrap it in a tea towel at this stage).
I hope this brings an early Spring into your home!